Thursday, November 15, 2012

Air Drying Using Scarf Method

So I'm doing a trial run on my hair for this coming up weekend. Trying to make a statement ;)! The look I'm going for is 'romantic' and I plan on using my Caruso Steam Rollers for a soft, bouncy curl. Usually I do spiral curls with my steam rollers but I've never really tried big loose curls without wearing a headband...first attempt lol. I watched some YouTube videos from some of my favs but kinda don't know how I feel about trying it on my length (my hair is not as long or as thick). Hopefully it turns out ok.

I cowashed my hair with HairOne. Even though it can be used as both a conditioner & shampoo (most use it as a mild shampoo) I used it because I looooove the slip it provides while detangling. Although I'm only 3 weeks post relaxer my hair always has issues with detangling. While detangling I experienced minimal shedding, not sure if this is because I upped my garlic supplement dosage or not...either way I'm glad :)! I also changed my method of applying my leave-in and moisturizer and the way I air dry. I applied 2 dollops of Neutrogena leave-in focusing on ends then applying what was left on the length of my hair, I did the same with my moisturizer. Instead of air drying in one big twist I decided to try the scarf method again, tying my ends down and leaving the back out.

I think maybe I was applying a lil too much coconut oil to my hair. Why? When I would touch my hair it would have a slight greasy feel, like I could see it on my hands. Smh. I plan on sealing my hair with very little oil in the same way I applied leave-in and moisturizer.

This is the dress I picked for this Saturday and my shoe choices:

No comments:

Post a Comment