Monday, November 12, 2012

1st Prepoo!!!!

Today was the first day of prepooing. I can tell my hair likes the JB Red Pimento Oil so why not prepoo with it lol.

Products & Application:
- Applied JB Red Pimento Oil to scalp and length of hair, concentrating on ends; massaged scalp
- Prepoo mix (Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment, little AtOne Moisturizing 
  Reconstructor, veg glycerin a little V05 Moisture Milk)
- Sat under steamer for full 30 mins
- Rinsed
- Cowashed with Aussie Moist
- Moisturized with spritz (see previous post for recipe) & sealed w/ coconut oil
- Applied JBCO to scalp in sections
- Air dried to 75% in four sections
- Finished air drying in one big twist

Results:
First let me say I DO NOT LIKE AUSSIE MOIST 3 MIN MIRACLE!!!!!! This my second try with this conditioner as a cowash and BOTH times this conditioner provided absolutely NO slip. In fact, quite the opposite...it actually made my hair hard. So hard that I had immediate flashbacks of my protein overload. I tried HairOne to soften it up but it didn't work so I washed (and it's not even my freaking wash day!) with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and conditioned with GVP Tea Tree Conditioner.

I'll never use Aussie again lol. As for the prepoo treatment we'll see in the next couple days. I know everyone raves about JBCO but I'm still not sure. I don't like the way my hair feels when I apply it to my scalp, it makes my hair tangly which doesn't help when I'm tryna air dry. Maybe I need to try applying it once my hair is dry.
Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle Deeeeep Treatment
After prepooing w/ steam

1. After rinse 2. Moisturizing & sealing.

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment
Applying JBCO to scalp

No comments:

Post a Comment