Thursday, November 8, 2012

02 Nov 12 Could I Have Possibly Overloaded Hair W/ Moisture???

It was time to clarify my hair after the many co-washes and DC's...I decided to use Ion Clarifying Shampoo.

Products & Application:
- Ion Clarifying Shampoo
- DC'd (GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioner Balm, Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator, AtOne Botantical
   Reconstructor Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milk, vegetable glycerin & macadamia oil) w/ steam for 30 mins
- Rinsed
- Applied Neutrogena Leave-In
- Moisturized w/ Bee Mine Deja's Milk
- Sealed w/ coconut oil

As you can tell from my list of products used, I decided to use a light protein treatment in my moisturizing DC.  The reason behind this decision is after reading a lot more blogs it became more than likely that while trying to correct my hair from my early Oct protein overload I actually pushed my hair more towards the moisture side while totally neglecting my hair's protein needs, especially important after a recent relaxer.  Funny thing is, I think this has been an ongoing issue w/ my hair and maybe I just didn't recognize it.  Maybe this is one of the reasons I am not reaching my hair length goals as soon as I expected.  My hair usually feels limp & mush, but I didn't know that was a symptom of over moisturized hair...I didn't even know that 'over' moisturized hair was even a problem! lol  From now on I'm incorporating a little light protein in my DC every week until I can tell what my personal protein needs are and how much protein my hair can actually handle. 

Another concern...my hair is never completely dry when I bun my hair, is that an issue?  Should I stop bunning until my hair is completely dry?

No comments:

Post a Comment