Tuesday, October 22, 2013

New Thang

The comb I was using to detangle seemed a little hard on my hair. I don't know...it didn't seem like my hair was breaking but when I tried one of my shower combs I had an "AHA!" moment lol.  It glided thru my hair like butter.  I'm also trying out moisturizing my new growth with my moisturizing mix of S-Curl and vegetable glycerin and I think my hair likes it.  Unfortunately my hair feels like it's not retaining moisture as much as I'd like :( so I think I'll be hitting it with more and more moisture until it gets right.  Luckily it doesn't feel hard, so I don't think I have a protein overload or anything.

Yesterday I DC'd with steam & co-washed. I decided not to detangle in the shower again lol bad choice, I think I'll detangle in the shower and let my hair completely air dry before I manipulate it any more.  Also I decided not to use my Cantu leave-in any more, I just discovered it was protein ugh!  Going back to my moisturizing mix as a leave-in until I can get more Neutrogena leave-in.  

On another note. I joined two hairlista.com challenges yesterday: castor oil challenge and grow 1 inch in one week.  I joined the castor oil challenge at the advance level which means I'll be using castor oil on my scalp every day.  And since the other challenge requires oiling of the scalp I decided to join both at the same time.  The second one requires me to do an inversion every night for 4 mins a night for 7 days.  Ok sooooo lol inversion isn't that hard but I think ima try it on the couch tonight instead of off the bed like last night, I kept feeling like I was gone slide off the bed.  

New growth at one month post relaxer


No comments:

Post a Comment