Saturday, October 19, 2013

Heavy Protein

Today's the day 19 Oct!!!! :) I'm finally trying the Aphogee 2-Step Protein again.  I was so scared I stayed up all night the night before researching methods to apply it and not loose any hair, that was my major concern...I didn't want to rinse my hair and my hair come out in clumps lol.  Reasons for the heavy dose of protein?  I recently got a "professional" relaxer and afterwards I discovered my hair was breaking really bad.  Plus I've been experience some heavy shedding since I've been stationed in Japan.  When I looked on shorty2sweet's blog she recommended the heavy Aphogee treatment for both shedding and breakage so I decided to give it a try...again lol.

I detangled my hair into four sections and washed with Aphogee Damaged Hair shampoo in those same four sections.  It was easier that way because I didn't have to worry about sectioning my hair when I got ready to apply the protein.  I used a spray bottle like shorty2sweet recommended and it worked out fine.  I only ended up sitting under the dryer for like 3-5 minutes and my hair was solid as a rock lol.  I hopped in the shower and let the water run thru my hair for another 3-5 mins and lightly touched my hair to see if it was still hard.  Once the protein was completely rinsed out and my hair wasn't hard I applied the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer to each section and left it on for 2 mins and rinsed out each section.  I detangled each section after rinsing out the balancing moisturizer, applied my DC mix and sat under the dryer for 40 mins.

I could immediately tell that my hair was a lot better, a lot less shedding and my hair felt fuller after applying my DC.  I also hit it with conditioner after I washed out my DC just in case lol. 

I let my hair almost completely air dry before I tried to detangle, that definitely made all the difference.  My hair felt soooooo soft and strong at the same time, I couldn't believe this was my hair :).  I moisturized with my Elasta QP Mango Butter, sealed with coconut oil and oiled scalp with castor oil.  I was finally able to use a brush on my hair without fear that I would break my hair.  I'm excited! 

After applying leave-in

After air drying


After M&S

No comments:

Post a Comment