Sunday, October 27, 2013

Baggying: I'm Officially IN LOVE!!!!!

Last night I decided to really give baggying a chance, and I definitely wasn't disappointed.  Instead of only baggying my ends I decided to do my entire head lol, my hair really drinks up moisture.  After pre-pooing, shampooing, a light protein treatment and DC'ing, I moisturized my hair the same way I normally would I twisted my hair up and put on a conditioning cap.  I immediately felt the bag steaming up.  When I got ready for bed I still wore my silk scarf. The next morning my hair was DUMB soft!!!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  The only thing I did that morning was seal and style in a bun. 

The only things I'd change in this process are:
- Baggying soon as I get home for 3 hours instead of overnight.  I prefer to M&S at night instead of in the morning.  
- Baggying in 4 sections instead of in one twist.  This will allow me to seal easier and allows for my nightly castor oil scalp applications.

I plan on doing this nightly for a minimum of 3 hours so I can maaaaaaybe prevent my ends from needing a major chop.  By the way, my ends are looking great, my hair is still shedding A LOT less than before the Aphogee 2-Step protein treatment and my shower comb is STILL gliding thru my hair.  As for my Castor Oil Challenge progress, I haven't measured but I think I have 1/4 inch of new growth at 1 month post relaxer.  Slow progress but I'll take it lol.  I really need to buy a measuring tape :)

Last Night:
- Pre-poo
- Wash
- Light protein
- DC w/ heat
- Air dry
- Moisturized
- Bag'd entire head

No comments:

Post a Comment