Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DC'n With Added Co-Wash

I'm following shorty2sweet's regimen and incorporating DC's before co-washes and starting to really use my dryer more.  It's way too early to actually tell the benefits (if any) but I have HIGH hopes :).  Since I cut off about 2 inches the other day I've notice less shedding.  I don't even know how the two are connected but I'm grateful lol.  One of the things I dreaded the most while following my regimen was moisturizing my hair & seeing the shedded strands in my hands :(.  Hopefully this change is more rule than exception.  I decided to stretch till December of this year instead of relaxing in November at 12 weeks, I think I miss the feel of my new growth lol.  After I posted pics of my 'chop' (but not really, more of a deep trim) I received a ton of support from my Facebook friends.  I also got a lot of questions as to why I did it.  I thought the picture of my breakage would say it all lol but I guess people are just as hesitant as I was about cutting their hair, no matter how damaged it was.  Those ends needed to go well before I discovered the breakage.  They were completely dead :( they would barly hold a curl, a clear sign that they were damaged.  And a two friends of mine are starting their journies this week too :).  The more the merrier! 

After DC



Air dried 


After M&S (used a brush to make sure each strand got a little moisture, thanks shorty2sweet!)







No comments:

Post a Comment