Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Co-Wash - 4 Mar 14

I really didn't feel like doing anything to my hair after the horrible day I had but my hair was crying out for a little attention and I had to oblige :).

[1] DC'd w/ HH The Deep C w/ heating cap for 1 hr
[2] Co-washed w/ SD Whip My Hair
[3] Rinsed w/ SD Wheat Germ Conditioner and detangled in sections under running water
[4] T-shirt dried for 30 mins
[5] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In and air dried
[6] M&S using LCO method (KC Califia Moisturizing Spray, HH Hemp Nostalgia, grapeseed oil)
[7] Scalp massage w/ GM and LG Bald Spot Treatment

Results: My hair is learning to like HH The Deep C more and more each time I use it.  It seeps into your hair like a good moisturizer after applying. Still no complaints on the SD Whip My Hair, definitely placing another order soon.  I decided to use Darcy's Daily Leave-In instead of HH Marshmallow Springs, last time I felt like it made my hair feel a little hard and it was definitely heavy.  Maybe next time I'll only use a dollop on each section and see how my hair responds.  I really want to like that product... After air drying my hair felt light, fluffy and soft like it always does after I use Darcy's Daily Leave-In.  I'm not sure how I'm liking KC, I don't know what it is about that product but you can spray a good amount in your hand and before you know it absorbed somewhere lol I say 'somewhere' because a lot of times I barely have enough time to get my hand to my hair.  Maybe that's a good sign that it's a good moisturizer...I don't know.  It's definitely a keeper for my NG.  I tried spraying it to my NG to keep it moisturized and it seems to be doing the trick.  Grapeseed oil...where have you been all my life? lol I love that oil soooooo much!  It continuously lays my hair DOWN.

Overall, my hair felt SUPER soft and smooth with LOTS of body!  I was amazed how my hair felt.  It was fairly easy to finger detangle.  I usually just leisurely finger detangle while watching TV or something else, letting it air dry at the same time.  I'm loving the products I'm using for the LCO method.

I'm thinking about texlaxing my hair in a couple of weeks.  I texlaxed in January but I'm feeling like I want to SEE some growth, maybe I'll just flat iron a piece this weekend and length check...that should set me at ease :).







3 comments:

  1. Look at all those curly roots! I can definitely see your growth. I'd love it if you added your post to the #washdayexperience linkup here!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry for the late response, I've been neglecting my blog AND my hair lol! I'll check it out, thanks for the invite!

      Delete
    2. Not sure if I did it right but I copied the link and posted it in my most recent wash day (co-wash, this past weekend). Let me know if I need to change anything :).

      Delete