Saturday, March 8, 2014

Wash Day - 7 Mar 14

It's time for some protein!  I've made up my mind, I'm definitely going back to weekly light protein treatments.  I'm not experiencing any abnormal breakage but my hair seems to be shedding a lot more than I like and most times a little protein works.

Here's what I did today:

[1] Prepoo w/ safflower oil & cheapie conditioner for 1 hr w/ heat
[2] Wash w/ CON Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo in 4 sections
[3] Tea rinse w/ black tea & CC's Naturals Marshmallow & Burdock Tea
[4] DC/protein treatment w/ Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner and SD MSI w/ steam for 20 mins
[5] T-shirt dried for 30 mins
[6] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In, air dried and finger detangled
[7] Applied Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray on NG
[8] M&S using LCO method (Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray,  HH Hemp Nostalgia, grapeseed oil)
[9] Applied GM to scalp and LG Bald Spot Treatment to edges

Results: I tried tea rinses in the past and they never seemed to work for me.  Every time I used a tea rinse I would do it after my DC, BIG mistake lol.  This time I tea rinsed before I applied my DC.  I washed my hair like I normally would but instead of immediately applying my DC I poured the tea rinse over my hair.  My hair was so hard, it was scary at first.  I also didn't rinse it out, I instead applied my DC right over the tea.  I could feel my hair softening up once the DC was on.  I was being lazy (of course lol) so I ended up mixing a little SD MSI in my Sitrinillah DC to save a little time and sat under the steamer for about 20 minutes.  My hair felt soft but not as soft as I expected.  The tea rinse and DC didn't make it any easier to detangle my hair or make my hair any more moisturized than it usually is.  So let's talk about this Komaza Califia Spray...it's no good for my hair.  I had so many high hopes for this spray.  I planned to use it to moisturize my NG and to use in my LCO moisturizing routine but my hair was having none of that lol.  I've been using it for almost two weeks with the same results--gunky feeling stringy hair.  At first I thought it was the HH Hemp Nostalgia I was using as the cream in my LCO method but even my NG felt that way and I don't apply nothing over the Komaza spray in that area.  My NG would feel dirty.  Another thing I don't dig about this spray is it "evaporates" fast, sometimes before I can get it on my hair.  As far as detangling, I think it does the trick, it provides a good amount of slip but I'm not sure I'd want to use it because of the build-up/coated way it makes my hair feel.  I know a lot of ladies have had huge successes with this spray but this is proof that what works for some doesn't always work for others.  I'm going to keep trying this spray in different ways because I hate wasting products...Any suggestions?  I ended up going back to my Darcy's LTC as a moisturizer but maybe I'll try the Komaza with LTC instead of the  HH Hemp Nostaglia.  I did a little research and saw that some ladies don't like it because of the shea butter and both products (Komaza Califia Spray and HH Hemp Nostaglia) have shea butter high in the ingredients list, maybe my hair doesn't like the shea butter.  My hair felt normal, soft and moisturized after going over the Komaza fail with my LTC.  Did I stop the shedding?  Unfortunately, no.  My hair is still shedding a little bit more than what I'm comfortable with but I'm upping my light protein treatments to once a week, hopefully that'll do the trick.  I forgot to do length check but I'll do it after my next DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment