Thursday, February 20, 2014

Co-Wash - 21 Feb 14

Co-wash day and third DC of the week, I know this challenge only recommends 1-2 but my hair loves the three a week routine. I am cautious though, I make sure I give my hair a bit of light protein through the week to make sure I don't get overloaded with moisture and end up with mushy, limp hair.
[1] DC'd on dry hair w/ SDVSKC, honey, EVCO, EVOO, almond oil in four sections for 45 mins w/ heating cap
[2] Applied MegaTek to scalp for 5 mins
[3] Rinsed and co-washed w/ SD Whip My Hair
[4] Detangled w/ HE Hello Hydration under running water
[5] Final rinse w/ SD Wheat Germ Conditioner
[6] T-shirt dried for 30 mins
[7] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In & air dried while lightly finger detangling
[8] Detangled in sections using Sagemann's Magic Star Jumbo Rake
[9] Moisturized w/ HH Marshmallow Springs (out of stock) & sealed w/ grapeseed oil
[10] Scalp massaged w/  GM and LG Bald Spot Treatment to temple 
Results: My hair really doesn't like GHE or baggying overnight, my hair always seems weighed down in the morning even after completely dry. I DC'd w/ using heating cap and decided to use KC in the mix cause I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVE how it laid down my cuticles and made my hair shine for once. Mixing it with a more moisturizing conditioner really did the trick, my hair felt so good and my cuticles were laid down. From now on i'll be a staple in all my DC mixes. No changes with the way my hair feels with SD Whip My Hair, still a fan. I decided to use HE Hello Hydration to help with detangling to remove all shed hair or else my it would have been a PAIN to detangle later. Used the SD Wheat Germ Conditioner as a final rinse, mainly to try to use up the rest of it. I don't have any complaints but can't really see the benefit but it does provide a little slip, I prefer a little more. Loving the ceramides though. No changes with the leave-in, moisturizer or sealant, still staples. Learning to be a little less heavy handed with my moisturizers and sealants and it's paying off. Breakage is still at a minimum, a strand or two on wash/co-wash days and my shedding is low too. Even though I haven't noticed much growth using GM, my scalp is loving it, I haven't had an itchy scalp since I been using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment