Monday, February 17, 2014

Co-Wash - 17 Feb 14

First DC of the week! 
[1] DC w/ HH Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner (out of stock) w/ added EVCO, avocado oil, glycerin and AVJ with heating cap for 45 mins
[2] Co-washed w/ SD Whip My Hair in four sections
[3] Detangled w/ SD Wheat Germ Conditioner under running water
[4] T-shirt dried for 45 mins
[5] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In and air dried while lightly finger detangling
[6] Moisturized w/ HH Marshmallow Springs (out of stock) and sealed with grapeseed oil
[7] Scalp massage w/ GM and LG Bald Spot Treatment to temple

Results: I hate, hate, HATE having to jump in AND out of the shower on wash days so I'm back to DC'ing first on co-wash days. Since I was DC'ing on dry hair and didn't have a free spray bottle to fill with water I decided to use a watery DC that would be easier to apply to my dry hair. My hair wasn't dry but I wanted to try this conditioner with my regular add-ins. This conditioner makes it so easy to apply to my NG, I think I actually prefer watery or creamy conditioner compared to thicker ones, especially on dry hair. After rinsing the conditioner out my hair felt so good...moisturized and soft, but the true test is the way it feels once it's dry. Magically this conditioner did provide slip this time, I almost felt tempted to detangle without my instant conditioner but I didn't want to chance it lol maybe next time. After rinsing the DC out with cool water I used SD Wheat Germ Conditioner on each of my four sections and left it on for about 5 mins to help with detangling. Ok, so I've FINALLY found how to use SD Wheat Germ Conditioner on my hair.  When I applied it to my hair and NG it almost felt like a co-wash conditioner, it kind of lathered up. I immediately felt the slip from this conditioner and when I got ready to detangle it melted my tangles almost as well as HE Hello Hydration! :) My ends did feel a little rough though, not sure what that was about. I applied my leave-in and air dried with my hair loose and lightly finger detangled until I was sure all of the knots were out. Surprisingly...there wasn't many. My hair felt soft and strong at the same time. I parted my hair in four sections and detangled with my large tooth Sageman. I usually have to use my finer toothed comb too but I guess detangling in the shower was adequate. Once my hair was completely dry I applied my HH Marshmallow Springs to each section and barely a drop of grapeseed oil to each section. I'm trying so hard NOT to be heavy handed with my moisturizers and conditioners, I don't want heavy hair but I want to make sure that each strand receives it's TLC lol, it's definitely a challenge. Lastly I applied my GM to my scalp and massaged it in, then finger combed into a loose twist and tied it up for the night. Overall, I'm happy with today's DC and co-wash session. 
Problem: I'm wearing a bun on a regular basis (military) and I never wear tight buns but the other day I discovered that my nape is getting thin on the sides. Tomorrow I'll be experimenting with a looser bun to prevent thinning in that area and in the meantime I'll be applying LG Bald Spot Treatment to that area to increase growth. Any other ladies have any issues like that?


2 comments:

  1. You've made great progress. Nerline @ http://www.chicfromhair2toe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nerline, thanks so much! It's definitely a challenge. Been at this for a couple years now and I still don't feel like I know much about what my hair needs or likes lol still at it tho :) Bout to check out your site.

    ReplyDelete