Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wash Day - 20 Feb 14

Wash day and second DC of the week! Got my Kanechom Ceramidas in the mail the other day, can't wait to try it out.
[1] Prepoo with Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet conditioner, EVOO, EVCO, avocado oil and almond oil in four sections
[2] Washed with NTM Cream Lather Shampoo in same four sections
[3] Applied Roux PC
[4] DC'd with Kanechom Ceramidas Hair Moisturizing Cream with heat for 30 minutes
[5] Rinsed, applied SD Wheat Germ Conditioner and detangled
[6] T-shirt dried for 30 minutes
[7] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In and air dried while lightly finger detangling
[8] Detangled in sections using Sagemann's Magic Star Jumbo Rake
[9] Moisturized with HH Marshmallow Springs (out of stock) and sealed with grapeseed oil
[10] Scalp massaged with  GM and LG Bald Spot Treatment to temple

Results: I had to go back to prepooing with conditioner and oil, my hair can't handle oil only. Also because I have way too many products that I don't use and this is a good way to work them in my regimen. I picked Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Conditioner. I used it before but it was meh but smelled great. I prepoo'd on dry hair and didn't use a heating cap, just left it in for an hour. My hair felt so good when I rinsed it out. I don't think it melted tangles like this last time I used it, not at all. I think I'll stick with using the rest as a prepoo only, too bad they don't make it anymore :(. I didn't use my regular shampoo (CON Argan Oil Moisture & Shine) because I didn't feel like my hair felt a little coated after prepooing with oil so I went with my oldie but goodie, NTM Shampoo. My hair felt clean like I wanted but definitely not stripped, it never makes my hair feel like that. I applied the Roux PC to each section and left on for about 30 seconds, I hear this helps the DC take better. I've been using this on and off for about two years, almost exclusively for a year and I have no complaints except that my hair doesn't really like it mixed in my DC. I lightly finger detangled while rinsing it out and I experienced no major tangles or shedding. I actually rolled out the heavy duty Pibbs dryer and DC'd for about 30 minutes on medium heat without a conditioning cap. My hair felt a little crispy but that's normal for me when using my dryer. When rinsing I was only able to finger detangle while under running water, this conditioner doesn't provide much slip for my hair. I had to use my SD Wheat Germ Conditioner to even be able to lightly detangle with my shower comb. I'll need to follow that DC up with something like HE Hello Hydration so I can remove shed hair. After my first 30 minutes of air drying my hair felt soft and that's exactly what I was looking for. And after my hair was completely air dried my hair was a lot smoother. Something I never witnessed before--my hair was super shiny! As to the softness, my hair did feel a little less soft than when I use HH Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner but overall I'm satisfied! I might decided to mix a little of KC into a more moisturizing DC for added benefit. Nothing new to mention about my M&S products, they still do the trick.
By the way, I'm currently storing all products without preservatives in the refrigerator, hopefully this will slow down any issues with the product going bad. Any other ladies store their hair products in the refrigerator? If so, did it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment