Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wash Day - 15 Feb 14

Today's wash day and I really am not feeling it today. After promotion testing and with the start of classes this semester...I'm pooped lol.

[1] Prepoo'd with EVCO for 2 hrs
[2] Applied MegaTek to my scalp
[3] Shampooed with CON Moisture & Shine Shampoo with Argan Oil
[4] Applied Roux PC
[5] DC'd with HH The Deep C
[6] Final rinse with SD Wheat Germ Conditioner
[7] T-shirt dried for 30 mins
[8] Applied Darcy's Daily Leave-In
[9] Finger detangled
[10] Moisturized & sealed
[11] Detangled

Prepoo: I finally decided to give prepooing another try.  Since I wasn't using my EVCO to seal with anymore (love grapeseed more) I used it to prepoo with for about 2 hours. I sectioned my hair in four sections like I do for everything and applied the EVCO to my scalp and massaged it in and then to the length of my hair.  I'm trying out a new way for using MegaTek (at least it's new for me lol).  I hear a lot of ladies are using it by applying it to their scalp before they wash and leaving it on for 5 minutes--today was the first time I actually remembered to do it.


Wash: I wanted to try a different shampoo today but thought 'why change a good thing?'.  My wash days are so predictable now since I added the CON to my regimen, no reason to change it. I did one section at a time, rinsing out the EVCO and shampooing each section.  I used Jeni's method to reduce tangles: washing hair in sections, using color applicator bottle to dispense shampoo and holding ends while massaging scalp. After rinsing out the shampoo I applied Roux PC for 30 seconds and detangled under running water.  Not a lot of shedding.  My hair felt different, like it was coated...it didn't really feel clean.  I don't know if it was because of the prepoo but I'll try it a couple more times before I come to any types of conclusions, maybe I need to prepoo with a mixture of oil AND conditioner when I use sulphate free shampoos.  It seems like whenever I prepoo with just oil it leaves my hair so tangled.

DC: I'm used to applying A LOT of DC to soaking wet hair but decided to try a different way, applying it on damp hair.  To do this I leave my hair in sections and air dry for about 10-15 minutes.  I think I like this way a lot better. I'm trying to use up most of my stash and I don't want any of my new products to go to waste (no preservatives) so I'm using HH The Deep C with no heat or steam.  This is the second time I used it and I still have no complaints besides the fact that it doesn't really help with slip.  The directions say to finger comb the conditioner through your hair, yeah aight! NO WAY can I do that lol.  I initially thought the little 4 oz jar wouldn't be enough for one use but I barely put a dent in it the first time so I expect to get about 4-5 uses out of this jar.  I didn't follow the instructions, I need to DC for at least 30 minutes, I didn't use any heat or steam.

Leave-In: I still don't know how I feel about the HH Marshmallow Springs leave-in, I don't think it helps to detangle my hair at all but I'm real curious about how it would work as a moisturizer hmmmmmm.  I think it would definitely be light enough to use for flat iron days.  I used Darcy's Daily Leave-In instead.

Results: I ended up doing a final rinse with SD Wheat Germ Conditioner mainly because I need to use it lol It ended up providing a little slip but I didn't dare touch that shower comb, I'll save the detangling for after my hair is at least 80% dry.  Maybe next time I'll consider detangling after I prepoo so I remove the shed hair before I wash.  My hair feels soft and strong, not mushy at all.  I moisturized with HH Marshmallow Springs and sealed with grapeseed oil, this time using less of the moisturizer than I usually would.  I want to see how my hair responds with a dime size amount per section LOL! I'm so heavy handed when it comes to applying products, but I noticed that my hair is weighed down by the second day of application.

No comments:

Post a Comment