Sunday, December 15, 2013

HOT Fail!!!!!!

First off let me say this...I...Do...Not...Like...Pre-pooing...With...Oil!!!!!! I don't know if I did it wrong, or maybe my hair just doesn't like it. Either way, I did not like anything about the way my hair felt or the way my hair looked. Immediately I could tell something was different about my hair, and not in a good way either. This is what I did:

Wash Day:
1. Prepoo'd overnight with EVCO using the saran wrap method
2. Rinsed 
3. Shampooed with NTM
4. Applied Roux PC
5. Light protein with Aphogee 2-Min
6. Rinsed
7. DC'd with Silk Elements MegaSilk, glycerin, AVJ, EVOO, almond oil and avocado oil with steam (no cap)
8. Rinsed
9. Applied cheapie conditioner and rinsed
10. Applied Cantu Shea Butter Strengthening Repair Leave-In & sealed with EVCO
11. Air dried

This was my worse air dry ever. My hair still felt oily even though I shampooed twice. Like I said, I don't know what went wrong. I couldnt detangle using my normal method. My hair felt tangly and weird. I was still hoping it would come around so went ahead and wrapped it up for the night. In the morning my ends felt WONDERFUL but the rest of my hair felt like crap. Well...my NG felt nice, can't really describe it. It felt put together, I could definitely feel the curl/texture definition in my NG...I've never felt that before. But I couldn't finger comb my hair and that was a deal breaker, never going back to that much manipulation. Tonight I got ready to M&S like normal and I just couldn't take it. I freaked out and jumped in the shower for a quick wash. Nope! My hair definitely wasn't having none of that. I tried shampooing with just NTM but I could still feel the weirdness in my hair. I had no choice BUT to clarify. And no, I did not have time to DC :(. I did a couple quick applications of GVP Conditioning Balm (which I just discovered has some pretty good slip) and went ahead with the rest of my routine. Man...I'm truly disappointed in the outcome. Maybe my hair isn't a fan of EVCO, not everyone is. Tonight when I seal I'll be trying what I have left of my grapeseed oil (mostly used in DC). Hopefully my hair won't turn out too bad tonight. Prepoos will be conditioner/oil mix like usual, you ladies can keep those HOTs. I'll be doing an emergency DC only tomorrow as soon as I get home from work. My hair just makes me wanna UGH!!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hate wash days like this! By the time that they are over you just want to chop all of your hair off!

    I hope that your emergency deep condition helps chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete