Thursday, December 5, 2013

Regimen Overhaul...AGAAAIN

So I'm back to my old tricks lol buying new products I probably don't need and adding new techniques I probably won't stick with lol.  Either way, here I am...

I joined new groups and challenges on Hairlista.com: 
- Ultimate Bunning (Cycle 6)
- 6 Inches in 6 Months 
- Baby Those Ends

So to be quick and easy, basically I have to protect my ends, low manipulation, consistently use growth aids and rock my bun.  Let's talk about this a little tho... Lately I've been experiencing "stealth" breakage and my hair has been feeling slightly brittle and not retaining moisture :(... but noooooo sheeeeedding lol.  Gotta be thankful for something.  I really need to get this under control tho.  My hair seems to be retaining length still but my ends are HORRID!!! I mean, I keep clipping those ends but it doesn't help.  Something has to be done smh

Step 1: SIMPLIFY my regimen so that I can do step 2
Step 2: Figure out what my hair is liking and NOT liking
Step 3: Adjust regimen and continually monitor for positive and negative results

Simplified Regimen:
Sun, Weds
- DC w/ heat
- co-wash
- apply leave-in & seal w/ EVCO
- massage scalp w/ JBCO
- air dry & finger detangle
- BUN

Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri
- moisturize w/ moisturizing spritz (w/o detangling or combing)
- baggy

Sat
- pre-poo
- wash
- light protein
- DC w/ steam
- apply leave-in & seal w/ EVCO
- massage scalp w/ JBCO
- air dry & finger detangle

Growth Aid Schedule:
9 Dec - 15 Dec (1 Week)
- Inversion method w/ JBCO applied to scalp every other day
16 Dec - 25 Jan (1 Month)
- MegaTek & Wild Growth oil mixture applied to scalp every other day
- MegaTek conditioner every other wash day
16 Jan - 22 Jan (1 Week)
- Inversion method w/ Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil every other day
23 Jan - 21 Feb (1 Month)
- Green Magic applied to scalp every other day
- MegaTek conditioner every other wash day
22 Feb - 28 Feb (1 Week)
- Inversion method w/ JBCO applied to scalp only on co-wash/wash days

Length Check Schedule: 
- 19 Dec 13
- 17 Jan 14
- 16 Feb 14
- 07 Mar 14 (TEXLAX @ 6 months)

2013 Texlax Schedule (every 4 months):
- 07 Mar 14
- 07 Jul 14
- 07 Nov 14

Products:
Shampoos: CON Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo, KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture

Moisturizing Deep Conditioners: KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner, CON Nourishing & Strengthening Treatment, Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

Protein Deep Conditioners: QH Cholesterol, ORS

Co-washing Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration, HE Totally Twisted, HE Tousle Me Softly, Suave, VO5 Moisture Milk

Light Protein/Reconstructors: Aphogee 2-Min Reconstructor, Joico K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor

Moisturizing Leave-Ins: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch, Elasta QP H2, HE Long-Term Relationship

Protein Leave-Ins: Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructor, Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning Repair Cream

Moisturizers: Silk Elements Silken Child, S-Curl No Drip, Bee Mine Déjà Milk

Sealants/Oils: EVOO, EVCO, JBCO, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, macadamia oil, almond oil, Wild Growth oil, jojoba oil, Liquid Gold Hair Oil

Deep Conditioner: conditioner w/ added oils (EVOO, avocado oil, almond oil)

Pre-Poo: EVCO w/ heat 

- Only trim after relaxer
- Heavy protein (Aphogee 2-Step) every 6 weeks
- No direct heat unless it's a special occasion or length check
- Finger comb ONLY (daily)
- Detangle only on co-wash/wash days after finger combing








No comments:

Post a Comment