Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Can't Believe This Is My Hair!!!!!

Seriously! I really can't believe this is my hair.  Sunday I decided to stop mixing different conditioners together for my DC and my results amazed me.  This is what I did:

1. DC'd w/ Silk Elements MegaSilk, glycerin, aloe vera juice and oil (EVOO, avocado oil, almond oil and JBCO) with heat for 1 hr and 2 hrs w/o heat
2. co-washed w/ Tresemme Naturals
3. applied Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream and sealed w/ tiny bit of EVCO
4. air dried
5. finger combed when hair was 80% dry
6. lightly detangled w/ shower comb
7. moisturized w/ mix (S-Curl, aloe vera juice and glycerin) and sealed w/ EVCO
8. oiled scalp (JBCO, Wild Growth Oil and macadamia oil)

I didn't see any results immediately.  When I rinsed my hair it didn't really feel that good.  It felt a little tangly but I decided not to detangle using my shower comb.  I used my fingers instead.  I co-washed and my hair still didn't really feel any different.  After air drying to about 80% I started to detangle my hair using my fingers instead of my shower comb.  It was SUPER easy! No breakage!  And I only had a few shedded hairs in the shower and after detangling.  My hair was soft and it actually FELT moisturized.  So I thought it was a fluke so I tried it again...and yep! same results.  This is going to be my new go-to for DC'ing and detangling.  I'm still trying to bounce back from that relaxer set-back so I still have thin sections.  I'm doing my length check on 19 Dec at the salon.  The plan is to pre-poo at home, get hair washed, DC'd and flat ironed at the salon.  I'm bringing my own products and flat iron.  I'll be taking a picture before & after my trim.  I won't allow more than 1 inch, the goal is just to get even ends so I can monitor whether my hair is breaking or not.

Anyway, check out my pics from today's DC:



No comments:

Post a Comment