Thursday, November 7, 2013

HARD WATER!!! :(

So I think I fiiiiiiinaaaaally figured out why my hair is hard after washing, co-washing or DC'ing.  I'm not talking after it dries...my hair is soft most of the time.  It's immediately after the water hits my hair and more when I step out the shower that I feel the stiffness in my hair.  I've watched numerous YouTube videos on air drying and their hair doesn't seem to have that stiffness, theirs actually moves when wet. This would explain a lot...from what I've read so far on hard water, it can lead to mineral build up on the hair, prevent moisturizing agents from actually penetrating the hair, increase tangles and cause drying in both the hair and skin lol.  Wow!  The skin thing really has me wondering...I was diagnosed with eyzma after arriving to Japan (started in Korea), my skin on my elbows gets really dry and itchy but I couldn't figure out why.  Now I'm wondering...hmmmmm is hard water the culprit?  Either way, since the creams don't work and my hair seems to not like the water in Asia I decided to purchase a water filter for the shower.  I can't wait till it gets here, my elbows are killing me and nothing the doctor prescribed seems to work.  In the meanwhile I'll be switching up my routine a little...I'll be clarifying once a week and doing a final rinse with bottled water.  LMAO!!!! That's just what I'll have to do for healthier hair!  Shouldn't take but a week, maybe a week and half to get my filter.  If after rinsing with bottled water my hair retains the slip and moisturizer, I'll KNOW that water was hard lol.  Wish me luck!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment