Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wash Day

After a long day volunteering at the Kadena Special Olympics (it was fun tho!) I prepoo'd as usual but since I was sooooo tired I left it in while I slept.  I ended up waking back up at 1 AM and decided to finish up.  I'm officially out of KeraCare :( hopefully my order comes in before my next wash day Saturday.  I washed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning and did a light protein treatment with Aphogee 2-Min.  This time I rinsed my hair with luke warm water...and it made ALL the difference :)!!!! My hair wasn't hard or stiff after rinsing.  Also, I didn't see but maybe 3-5 strands of shedded hair while washing and rinsing lol usually I'm pulling it out my crack LMAO TMI I know!  This is major progress for me.  When I asked my momz what my natural hair texture was like she said it was thick.  Unfortunately I've never seen my hair thick.  Hopefully with the proper regimen I'll be able to see it for myself :).  

Hair After Pre-Poo, Wash & Protein: As you can see my hair is still thin on one side from my last relaxer :( #NOTdiscouraged


New Growth 03 Nov 13

After M&S



Ok...so I don't think I like Roux Porosity Control in my DC.  My hair felt unusually hard a d very difficult to detangle in the morning.  I even think my shedding increased, still not shedding like it was before but way more than a couple days ago.  This morning when I woke up my hair didn't really feel dry, but it definitely didn't feel wet.  It was a weird feeling.  No more Roux Porosity Control in my DC, I'll stick to using it with after my relaxer.  

I just ordered a KQC flat iron from Flat Iron Experts (flatironexperts.com) and a few other items: 

DC's:
- Elasta QP DPR-11
- Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream
- KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioning NEW!

Oils: 
- Wild Growth Oil
- Sunny Isle's JBCO Extra Dark
- La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil NEW!
- Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil NEW!

Heat Protectants: 
- Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector NEW!
- Organic Root Olive Oil Profesional Thermal Protect & Shine NEW!

Protein:
- Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment
- Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
- Aphogee Intensive 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor

Moisturizing Additions: 
- Lily of the Desert Certified Organic Aloe Vera Juice
- NOW Solutions Glycerin

Supplements:
- Nature's Bounty Odorless Garlic 

Other:
- Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly NEW!

Hunting for a DC with MORE slip.  Still love DPR but I think I'ma need a little more once I hit 10 weeks post.  Any suggestions???







No comments:

Post a Comment