Wednesday, December 26, 2012

SPEED BUMP

So...my hair is in a rut right now...a standstill. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm using all the right ingredients and giving my hair the proper TLC but it seems like it's rebelling. I am still experiencing LOTS of shedding even though I'm taking garlic pills. Still no breakage tho...I guess that should make me feel good, but to be completely honest, it doesn't. I don't feel like I'm seeing an equal amount of progress compared to the amount of effort. I recently decided to go natural instead of attempting long stretches...mainly because I want my hair to thicken up and I know relaxers are the main reason for my thinness. It's already proving to be very difficult...I'm almost 3 months post relaxer and I'm already experiencing major difficulties detangling my hair, even in the shower under running water. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong??? I recently tried washing my hair with African Black Soap (purchased thru www.coastalscents.com) again and STILL don't like it on my hair...or my face. When I lather it feels soooooo good but when I begin to rinse out the shampoo my hair feels waxy, like the ABS leaves a film on my hair. This film is so thick smh...the main reason it bothers me is because I think the "film" will prevent my hair from receiving all the moisture it needs, not to mention I can't detangle will it's in that state. I end up having to use a moisturizing shampoo behind it in order to detangle, to me it's just not worth it. ABS does the same thing to my face, only I find it dries my face out too. Tonight I'm going to attempt to make a sew-in wig lol FIRST ATTEMPT y'all! :) Will definitely post pictures of my fail lol. Instead of making the wig on my head I think I'll attempt it on my foam head first, that wayI can get used to using the needle and I actually can see the back of my head. If all goes well I'll be wearing it to whatever New Years celebration I attend. Also, tonight I'm going to doa major trim...well as major as my "hair ego" allows lol. Wish me luck y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment