Thursday, January 24, 2013

PROGRESS...TWO YEAR HAIR JOURNEY ANNIVERSARY

Mainly apologizing to myself...I haven't posted in a LOOOOONG time and more importantly, i've bn slacking in my regime. I've been extremely busy lately, pulling on average 15hrs/day at wrk...so you can imagine I never really feel like messing with my hair, ESPECIALLY my 4 months post relaxer hair lol.

So someone (not saying any names) said my hair was looking rough...like Ceily lmao! I agree... I was having a lot of trouble managing my transitioning hair...was still experiencing shedding, couldn't keep it moisturized, itched a lot, and even saw a couple of BROKEN hairs! I had completely stopped using heat on my hair except for the occasional use of steam rollers and I hadn't used those for over 2 months. I decided to air dry my hair to 80%, blow dry using cool setting and LIGHTLY straighten my hair usinga pressing comb. I knooooooow...lol but believe me, I didn't come to that decision easily. I didn't completely straighten it though...parted my hair and ran a WARM pressing comb thru four sections. I made sure I didn't do any other damage by using Satin Press and a heat protectant. I gotta say :) I'm LOVING the outcome...makes it sooooo much easier to manage every day and it's retaining moisture better!

Still using my supplements and gained a TON of new growth but still too soon to attribute that to the pills. I started adding garlic in my shampoo and I after two washes I think it's safe to say that it slowed down my shedding :) both during a wash AND with daily manipulation.

So here's a couple pics from the latest wash on 21 Jan 13...











No comments:

Post a Comment