Tuesday, December 4, 2012

1 MONTH & 2 WEEKS POST RELAXER

Right now I'm 1 month & 2 weeks post relaxer (last relaxer was 24 Oct 12) and I'm seeing an unusual amount of new growth :). I guess I should be happy but instead I'm a little worried. Why? I'm considering going natural or at the very least, stretching my relaxer for seven months. Why the concern? I'm already having issues with detangling and I know it's only going to get worse lol. I'm currently taking Affinity pills for hair growth (2 pills/day) and garlic supplements (2 pills/day) for shedding. I think the biotin I was taking (2 pills/day) and the castor oil I was applying to my scalp every two days is causing the unusual amount of new growth but I still haven't seen a change in the amount of shedding :(. I looked at a couple of hair blogs and I think I'm going to try the ACV rinses again (before weekly shampoos & DC's). This time I'm going to stick to it for at least 2 months (8 washes) in order to reeeeeally be able to tell if it's actually working or not.

Today I cowashed my hair and air dried it as usual. I'm having a difficult time actually getting the conditioner to actually clean my scalp. Because it doesn't lather or spread as easily as shampoo I can't really get to my scalp to clean it. I wish I could find a video showing HOW and not TELLING how lol that would be helpful. I am still bot seeing any breakage :) but I do feel like my hair is at a stand still, showing no progress and that is definitely a concern. As my hair grows AND retains length (which I know it's doing because I see no breakage and I do see new growth) I'm going to clip my ends faithfully every month...approximately 1/4 inch a month until I cut off all my dead ends.

GOALS:

- stretching relaxers 7 months
- cutting off dead ends
- avoiding ALL direct heat
- growing edges
- achieving better moisture retainability
- slowing down shedding
- speeding up hair growth
- increasing thickness

Wish me luck! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment