Sunday, February 17, 2013

BAD RESULTS...

I guess the old saying IS true...what's good for goose is not always good for the gander (I think that's the saying lmao). Well I tried the Hairlicious DC recipe and it did not work (see the previous post).

When applying the DC my hair felt wonderful and felt the same after applying heat but when I began to wash out the DC I could tell immediately that I my hair would be hard to detangle...and I was right :(. After rinsing I applied the ACV but that only seemed to make it worse! I could not comb thru my hair even with running water. I was horrified...and even more so when I started applying my leave-in and realized that I still could not comb thru my new growth. I tried spraying my moisturizer mix...didn't work...tried Mane 'n Tail Detangler...did not work :(.

After reading more blogs and soliciting help from my DC buddies I realized that I had been using too many ingredients in my DC mix. Main reason this can turn out bad is because you are not aware how some ingredients in different hair products will interact with each other. I also discovered that the main ingredient of my DC mix is NOT a moisturizing conditioner...sounds familiar eh (remember my Olive Oil conditioning fail? lol)? I had been using Silk Elements Megasilk Cholesterol Conditioner as my main ingredient in DC's for over a year and never really noticed any problems...only now when I'm 4 months post relaxer and desperately in need of a TRUE moisturizing conditioner that has a ton of slip. Lol in my defense, I was getting this conditioner confused with the Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment smh...thoughts of how much damage I have caused not knowing. Luckily I ordered some of the real thing two days ago along with a 5lb tub of Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner :). I plan on using ONE deep conditioner in my DC mix from now on...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment