Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Lil Over 8 Weeks Post Random

I'm fiiiiiiinally taking the plunge and long-term transitioning! :)  I've been wanting to do this for a year lol no real excuses besides the fact that I was being too lazy lol.  Reasons for transitioning?  I don't ever want to see those stringy, thin strands that I had and I LOOOOOOVE the way my NG feels.  I'm really excited to hit my 6 month mark in Sept, can't wait to see how much growth I'll have. Here's my new goals: increased growth, increased shine, increased length retention, decreased shedding and grow back my edges.  Of course, this is going to take a regimen update! YAAAAY!

Co-Wash (mid-week):
[1]  Pre-poo w/ cheapie conditioner, honey and oil in sections using body heat for 2 hours
[2]  Lightly finger detangle to remove shed hair
[3]  Rinse pre-poo w/ cool water
[4]  Co-wash w/ SD Whip My Hair in sections
[5]  Rinse w/ warm water
[6]  Apply MegaTek to scalp for 5 mins or light protein treatment
[7]  Rinse w/ warm water
[8]  DC w/ heat for 30 mins
[9]  Rinse w/ cool water
[10] Final rinse w/ SD Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner
[11] Rinse w/ cool water
[12] T-shirt dry for 30 mins
[13] Apply Darcy's Daily Leave-In and finger detangle

Wash Day (Friday or Saturday):
[1]  Pre-poo w/ cheapie conditioner, honey and oil in sections using body heat for 2 hours
[2]  Lightly finger detangle to remove shed hair
[3]  Rinse pre-poo w/ cool water
[4]  Wash w/ moisturizing shampoo in sections
[5]  Rinse w/ warm water
[6]  Tea rinse
[7]  Rinse w/ warm water???
[8]  DC w/ steam for 30 mins (w/ conditioning cap)
[9]  Rinse w/ cool water
[10] Final rinse w/ SD Destination Hydration
[11] Rinse w/ cool water
[12] T-shirt dry for 30 mins
[13] Apply Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructor and Darcy's Daily Leave-In and finger detangle

After typing this out I'm seeing that it's going to be difficult to fit in my light protein treatment but I figure that I can alternate between light protein and MegaTek.  Anyone know if I should rinse with warm water after a tea rinse?  That has been my biggest problem lately, OPEN cuticles smh.  Just now figuring it out, my hair has been drying faster and has absolutely NO shine, even after my clear rinse...completely unacceptable lol.  So I'm concentrating really hard on making sure I follow the proper order of things.  I'm still taking my supplements and I'll be hitting the gym harder so I'm expecting a lot of grow (shaking my fist at my hair).  I'll be limiting the clear rinses to once per month and will schedule an appointment for a deep trim next month.  Oh, and the reason I have so many steps is because I'm trying to use up my stash...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your decision to transition chica! How exciting! I stopped cool/cold water rinses during the winter. It was just too cold! LOL. I didn't notice a difference.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete